Zeta Tau Alpha strongly values education. You can find a group of ZTAs studying in the library at any hour of the day. Our academic chair provides our chapter with awards for a great midterm grade or an aced quiz, and even hands out treats if you're caught studying in the library. Each week members nominate a sister that has stood out academically and they are rewarded with a special gift.
Our chapter has the second highest GPA in the state, and we work hard to maintain such high rankings. Our sisters support one another in our studies, and realize that academics are what should always come first. Zeta Tau Alpha has an on line program called "Z-learning" that helps sisters learn good study habits and helps them keep track of their study hours. It's a great accountability tool and an excellent resource that our chapter gets to take advantage of.
Members of ZTA are active in multiple honors societies and programs on campus including, but not limited to:
- Provost Scholar
- Dean Scholar
- Members of Union University Honors Program
- Alpha Chi (Honor Society)
- Psi Chi (Psychology Honor Society)
- Honors Student Association
- Sigma Theta Tau (Nursing Honor Society)
- Medal for Academic Excellence in Family Studies
- Medal for Academic Excellence in Exercise Science
- Barnabas Leadership Award
- Dr. Bill Bouchillon Psychology Excellence Award
- Dean's List
- President's List
Rachel Jones, Academic Achievement Chair, put it this way: "Academics is the main reason I attend Union. Zeta really encourages me to not only make good grades, but really plug into my major. Being a nursing major is the best because there are always girls that want to study! I love getting to learn with and encourage my sisters!"